You are here:-Permission and Planning

Serving a party wall notice.

A homeowner has to give two months written notice on building works which affect a party wall or boundary, or one month's notice for excavations. Planning permission is not needed to serve a Party Wall notice, and once notice has been served, the homeowner has up to a year to start work.

By |2019-09-08T17:10:52+00:00September 8th, 2019|Categories: |0 Comments

How do I obtain permission for party wall building works?

Before party wall building works can start, the homeowner needs a written Party Wall Agreement from all affected neighbours. A surveyor has to be appointed to prepare a Party Wall Award. To begin this process, the homeowner has to serve a Party Wall Notice on their neighbours, in writing, about the planned party wall works.

By |2019-09-08T17:00:38+00:00September 8th, 2019|Categories: |0 Comments

When do I need a party wall agreement?

A party wall is the shared wall, usually between a terrace or semi-detached house, and divides the homes of two separate owners. In the home, Party Wall Agreements are most commonly needed for building works that involve loft conversions, the insertion of damp proof courses and the digging of new foundations (as would be required in building an

By |2019-09-08T16:57:39+00:00September 8th, 2019|Categories: |0 Comments

Will I require planning permission?

Not all loft conversions require planning permission, but all do require that the loft conversion is carried out according to strict building regulations. Permitted development enables you to build up to 70% or 50% of your property in some cases, before you need planning permission. These details may vary by some councils and in some

By |2019-09-08T16:51:37+00:00September 8th, 2019|Categories: |0 Comments